DDEX is a consortium of leading media companies, music licensing organizations, digital service providers and technical intermediaries. They develop and maintain a set of standards to enable the automated exchange of information along the digital media supply chain through XML.
Aim: To have documentation well-organised and information easy to find.
DDEX had a mature set of good quality documentation but their information was spread across multiple formats and sources – website, PDFs, and emails – so users struggled to find the right document for their needs. In addition, the documents didn’t contain all the information required by the range of expertise levels involved in implementing a standard.
Short period of time for designing the solution.
Solution: Reorganising the content, rewriting the FAQ section, reusing modules
3di Content Writing Team
- Designed and implemented a simple portal for DDEX to build on and maintain;
- Selected easy-to-use, flexible, low-cost tools for editing and delivering content
- Designed a simple but scalable way to organize topics for easy retrieval by users
- Set up a prototype system and migrated a small subset of documents into it
- Recommended long-term improvements to increase efficiency of information management and maximize information retrieval
- Handed over the system to DDEX for day-to-day operations
- DDEX can now efficiently communicate with their implementers and users.
- All the necessary information is kept in one place, and is easy to access and update.